Sunday, February 5, 2012

Digital Painting

It started off with this sketch of one of my shoes.


I then scanned the sketch into the computer and painted over the shoe with purple, green and beige. I used layer blending modes in order to get the best effect. 
I used a darker shade of purple to create some shadows on the canvas of the shoe. 
For the shadowing of the rest, I used the burn tool (on the rubber parts of the shoe and around the converse patch) and black, which I reduced the opacity on, on the shoelaces. 
The eyelets were just painted a light gray and I used some effects to create an inner bevel and glow.
I made the stitching with a custom brush I made out of a simple rectangle and took time to turn each stroke individually to make it look more realistic. For the double stitch, I simply duplicated the layer and moved it.
Lastly, scanned in canvas and my shoelace. I threw the canvas over all of the purple and beige for the right texture and warped eleven different pieces of shoelace onto the laces. 
It took quite some time, but I am pretty pleased with the way it turned out!!



Here is the final result 

No comments:

Post a Comment