Monday, March 26, 2012

If only it were the 70's...


So I've been listening to a crap ton of Led Zeppelin and been watching That 70's Show in all of my spare time. (I think I am going back into my I-wish-I-had-been-a-teen-in-the-70s phase :P) I know That 70's Show is most likely NOT exactly the way it was back then, but the thing I really like is how everyone spends their free time HANGING OUT. I mean don't get me wrong, I appreciate computers and the internet, especially being the graphic design student I am, but it would be so NICE to actually sit down and spend time with people face to face as opposed to only chatting on Facebook. I have pretty much done away with Facebook chat completely, because I can't stand getting online to check my e-mail quickly before I'm off to do something else, and I then end up getting a barrage of instant messages from people, assuming I have all the time in the world to chat for the next several hours. So I end up feeling bad and don't get anything done for the rest of the day because I've been sucked into Facebook chat. 
Unfortunately since I moved, chatting and skyping are the only ways for me to have any contact with family friends overseas, so it makes it difficult to just ditch the internet for a week to live as if I were in the 70s xD Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment