Monday, March 19, 2012

Peach's Neet Feet

Today, I handed my first pair of hand-painted shoes to Madison Steiner, founder of Peach's Neet Feet! I am proud to announce that I am now an official artist for Peach's Neet Feet, a non-profit organization that provides customized, hand-painted canvas sneakers to children with long term illnesses and diseases. 

Shoes for Mason http://www.facebook.com/masonvsleukemia 

I had the privilege of meeting Madison and her brother Corey at the community college I attend, which is how I was made aware of this awesome cause. Since the organization was founded in July of 2011, over 180 pairs have been donated to children in over 30 states! I was immediately inspired by this incredibly selfless act. 
Since I the age of 14, I have had a terrible addiction to canvas shoes and have spent hours of my time drawing all over them with Sharpies. When I heard of Peach's Neet Feet, I thought: "Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that!?" I wanted to be on board, because I knew that it would be a great way to be creative and help others at the same time. And for someone like me, nothing beats that!


After watching the Random Act of Kindness video and seeing the look on these children's faces after receiving a pair of shoes with their name and all of their favorite things on them, it literally brought tears of joy to my eyes. 
It is such an honor to be working with such amazing people. I am so excited to continue designing more pairs to put smiles on the faces of kiddos who need it the most!

To learn more about Peach's Neet Feet and how you can help, visit http://peachsneetfeet.blogspot.com/ or like Peach's Neet Feet on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/PeachsNeetFeet . 

- Elle-Belle

1 comment: