Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It Makes Me Sick.


I have had a lot of nightmares in my life, but the one I just had topped them all. It was the worst one I have ever had in my life. All of my friends in the US were all at one location: the mall. We were eating and joking around - having a good time. Then the fire alarm went off. We thought it was a drill, since nobody was causing any commotion yet, but then we heard the gunshots. There were people coming around every corner with guns, shooting at everyone they saw. My group managed to flee to the parking lot, where we encountered even more shooters. People were dropping left and right and I couldn't find my fiancee anywhere. We all escaped to the train station and jumped on a train that would get us to safety. There, I finally found my fiancee, and the two of us sat up front with the driver, so that we could come up with a plan. Every time we passed through a station, everyone had to duck down, because there were people there waiting to kill us. After a while, when we didn't hear anyone speak in the back, we opened up the door leading to the back compartment, and everyone was gone. They were either dead or missing completely. I remember trying to call my parents and the only person I was able to reach overseas was my brother. I told him quickly what was happening and told him and my Mom that I loved them very much and I loved Dad. We pulled into the next station and there they were. I whispered to my mother that we were surrounded, said my last goodbye and hung up. That's when they broke in and the very first thing they did was grab my fiancee by the shirt and blow out his brain. Then I woke up. Bawling like a baby. Because everything in that dream felt so terribly real, that it felt like it had happened. 


And you know what is really scary? You read about things like the Haditha case, where a US marine killed 24 Iraqi civilians in 2005 and will face no jail time. THINGS LIKE THAT HAPPEN EVERY SINGLE DAY. And it is completely ignored! It makes me SICK! If I woke up screaming and crying from a DREAM like that, then I can't even imagine how devastated others are right now at this moment who have just lost an innocent loved one. 


In 2011, our taxes funded about $ 1 TRILLION spent & approved war-spending.


A UN issued report dated Sept 20, 2006 stating that Iraqi civilian casualties have been significantly under-reported. Casualties are reported at 50,000 to over 100,000, but may be much higher. Some informed estimates place Iraqi civilian casualties at over 600,000.
(Source: http://usliberals.about.com/od/homelandsecurit1/a/IraqNumbers.htm )


I don't want to bash the troops what so ever. I have friends and family members who are and were in the military who are and were just trying to keep us safe. But why on EARTH would we send them all out into an unnecessary war? Yes, I understand that after the 9/11 attacks, our country was in danger, but what good is it doing now?! What ever happened to turn the other cheek? I am not trying to preach a sermon here. I am not trying to get all religious here and say what "the right thing to do" is. And I am not trying to say that I have a huge grasp on politics. But have you ever hit someone back in grade school after they hit you? What did that person do? They hit you again. And this continued until either someone broke you apart, or one of you stops in defeat. War is no different!!


 And people talk about pride..."We need to win our pride back!!" Bullshit. Who cares about pride?! Why can't a country decide to be SMART and the "bigger person" and say "We will not stoop down to this country's level!" And by "country" you are actually addressing a small fraction of people from that country, who are a few bricks short of a load. The majority of people you are going to put to harm are all innocent and unarmed and want nothing more but to live their lives normally. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be attacked by people from another country speaking a foreign language, when I've done absolutely nothing wrong! And I am sure the majority of you reading this feel the same way. Then why do we have to do this to others?! This country desperately needs to sort out it's priorities and maybe ask the question "Hmm..what is it that WE are doing wrong?" instead of blaming it on everyone else and their dog. 
That is all.


- Elle-Belle

1 comment:

  1. A Man has no future nor money. He is "forced" to join the Military. He serves his Country as he should be, in the opinion of the Majority. The situation is War now. So hes sent to another Country to show off the Strenght of his Fatherland. Hes doin well so far, keeping his Comrades safe, bringing Justice to his enemys and so on...
    Lets skip to a situation like this: Hes out on patrol, getting through a village in enemy territory. A gruop of civil clothed ppl is coming towards them, men and women, unarmed and they seem to beg at the soldiers. What should they do? If they let them reach their vehicle they'll probably put down the clothes and reveal a belt of C4 or some grenades, maybe small firearms or whatever. So they are allowed to shoot them down if neccessary. And i for myself would put my and the Life of my commrades over the civilians. Sure i would not shoot them 4 fun or hunt them and piss on their dead bodys. So far that situation happened. Maybe the civilians just lack of food and think the soldiers would help them or something. Maybe their innocent or maybe their dangerous. The soldier in his situation cant tell it, so hes forced by pure logic to keep himself save from any possible harm. Sad to tell the truth but thats what a pretty big part of the civilian casualties in War is. And if anything is sure then its that Wars will never end as long as human beings let anyone get control over themselfs. And if they not let somebody control themselfs the plan is anarchy. what would be nothing else then a civil war. deatcircle.

    ReplyDelete