Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Every 15 Minutes


Well, tomorrow morning we will be filming Every 15 Minutes and I am feeling a mix between excitement, nervousness and fear of both freaking out and/or messing up. Since everything is happening in real time in front of the entire high school, there is no room what so ever for mistakes. I offered to take photographs instead of film, since there will be so many people filming at once. So that puts extra pressure on me, since I will be the only one taking photos. Mike and I will be filming/taking photos of the crash scene and the police officers pulling kids out of class. I honestly admit that the morgue, the hospital and the jail were all a bit too much for me, especially since all three will have dead/sick/dying and arrested people already occupying them. I can't deal with death very well, as I had previously posted a few weeks ago, since I never really had to confront it until recently. So naturally, instead of facing it, I am going to steer clear from it.

In case you aren't familiar with Every 15 Minutes, it is a drunk driving program directly aimed at high school students. It features a very realistic looking, graphic crash scene that takes place after a party, in which the driver/one of the drivers has been drinking. The drunk driver gets hauled off to jail, while the other passengers are sent directly to either the morgue or the hospital. It's a pretty big deal; the entire school watches while police officers, ETs and fire fighters do their job in real time. That's why I mentioned earlier that when filming, there is no room to mess up. You can't just go back and redo something - it all has to be shot in one take. We are about 15 people on the film crew. A few will be going to the hospital, one to the morgue, one to the jail, one will ride in the ambulance, one in the helicopter and one or two will be driving with the police to the homes of the parents to film the police telling the kids parents that their kids have died in a DWI crash. Two of us (me and my boyfriend) will be staying at the school to film police officers pulling kids out of classes and then announcing to their class that that kid just died in a DWI. They will be doing this every 15 minutes, as the name suggests.

Anyway, I am hoping that everything will come out okay, especially since I was having problems with my images coming out to grainy with my camera when I took pictures of the party scene today. I don't know if it's a setting I need to mess with or what it is, but if all of my pictures come out this way tomorrow, I'll be screwed. Well, I'd better attempt to get to bed, before I get so nervous that I can't sleep. Cross your fingers for us!

- Elle-Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment